- Good morning. Please find following a final update regarding the terminal connectivity issue. Once again, our sincere apologies for the disruption this issue has caused you.
We can now confirm that our recovery program of collecting, repairing and returning impacted terminals to our customers across Australia has seen the number of terminals connected to our network return to pre-incident levels.
There are, however, a limited number of our customers who are still impacted. Some of these customers had older model terminals that are obsolete. These customers are being sent new terminals at no additional monthly cost. There are also a number of customers where, despite our best efforts, we have been unable to successfully collect their impacted terminals for repair.
We remain committed to doing everything possible to bring anyone still impacted back online as quickly as possible.
As we approach full resolution of this issue from an operational perspective, our attention is now focusing on our approach to addressing concerns raised by impacted customers. We will shortly provide separate communications on our approach. In the interim, we can confirm that we will not be charging terminal rental for the month of January for any terminals associated with an impacted Merchant ID.
Please note, this will be the last update regarding this issue to be provided here, with any further information to be emailed directly to our customers. If you have any questions, please phone 1300 966 639 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan 28, 10:58 AEDT
- Good afternoon. We have made strong progress in returning functioning terminals to our impacted customers and will have a further update on our recovery plan early next week. Once again we sincerely apologise for the disruption this issue has caused your business.
We encourage you to keep checking this page and to contact us on email@example.com
with any questions.
Jan 23, 13:28 AEDT
- Good evening. Thank you for your patience as we continue to resolve this issue. Our sincere apologies to customers still impacted. We understand your frustration at this disruption and we are doing everything we can to get you back up and running as soon as possible. We are working at pace to expedite the collection, repair and return of your terminals this week.
We encourage you to keep checking this page and to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions.
Jan 21, 20:36 AEDT
- Good morning. Once again we sincerely apologise for the disruption this issue has caused your business. In our 18-year history we have never experienced anything like this, and we are deeply sorry for the impact it has had.
As promised, we have done everything possible to expedite the collection, repair and return of functioning terminals to customers and would like to provide an update on progress as it stands this morning.
We can now confirm that 85% of our merchants have all their terminals functioning again which has increased from 70% from our update last Wednesday. While we are pleased to have resolved this issue for many customers, we are acutely aware that 15% of our customers are still impacted in some way. These customers, especially those who are without a functioning terminal (9%), remain the focus of our recovery effort. We expect the incident to be resolved by the end of this week and we will continue to do everything we can to expedite this timeframe.
We understand that our impacted customers are very keen to hear about how we will make amends for the disruption. Once the issue has been resolved, we will turn our attention to this, and we will genuinely consider all options. We will also be talking to you about the steps we have taken to ensure this doesn’t happen again.
We also wanted to address some media coverage you may have seen about a report issued last Friday regarding Tyro. Please know that we have responded to the false claims made and at no point has this distracted us from our priority of getting our impacted customers back up and running.
Again, we can’t apologise enough and will continue to work around the clock until this issue is resolved.
Please continue to send any questions to us at email@example.com
and visit this page for updates.
Jan 19, 10:27 AEDT
- Good evening. We’ve made further progress today and will be sharing a more detailed update on the status of our recovery plan in the morning. Please continue to send any questions to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and visit this page for updates.
Jan 18, 19:19 AEDT
- Good afternoon. We are making strong progress in returning functioning terminals to many of our customers and remain completely focused on our recovery plan to have all impacted customers back up and running as soon as possible. We will share a further update on progress tomorrow. Please continue to visit this page and send any questions or queries to email@example.com
Jan 17, 12:49 AEDT
- Good evening. We remain completely focused on getting all impacted customers back up and running as quickly as possible. Many thanks to all our customers for helping us expedite the collection of terminals and please know we will continue working 24/7 until we have completely resolved this issue.
We will continue to post updates here and please send any questions or queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan 14, 18:19 AEDT
- Good morning. Firstly we apologise for the disruption being caused. In line with an update provided to impacted customers this morning, please find following some further information on progress made on fixing locked terminals.
Together with our terminal supplier, Worldline, and Amtek, we continue to do everything possible to expedite the resolution process of collecting,repairing and returning terminals.
We are collecting approximately 2,000 terminals a day for repair and return via the fastest possible delivery method. Based on the quantity of terminals being collected daily, and the time to return fixed terminals, we expect to have the majority of impacted customers back to normal operations by the end of this week, with the remainder operational over the course of the following week.
Many of you will have already dispatched your locked terminals and we expect the turnaround time, from terminal collection to return, to range between two and four days, with this timeframe being location dependent. We will continue to post important updates regarding this process here and please send any questions or queries to email@example.com
We would also like to clarify some frequently asked questions.
In relation to the cause of the issue, this has been established with the assistance of our terminal supplier, Worldline. Specifically, an issue existed in some versions of the terminal platform software installed on Tyro’s Worldline terminals. This issue caused a subset of those terminals to lose connectivity with our network, meaning they could neither transact nor be updated remotely. We would also like to provide confirmation that the issue is contained and at no time has the security of the terminals, nor your data, been compromised.
In terms of how widespread the issue is, we can confirm that as of today 70% of our customers are unaffected by the incident. A further 11% of customers have multiple terminals with at least one functioning terminal. The remaining 19% of customers have had no functioning terminals and are a focus of the recovery effort.
These numbers are being provided for transparency and we want you to know that we will not stop until we have completely resolved this issue at which point we will turn our attention to how we will make amends for this disruption, which is another frequently asked question. Please know that all options are on the table and once we have completely resolved this issue for all our customers, we will be proactive in progressing these discussions.
We apologise again for the disruption and frustration this has caused. We will continue to work around the clock until all our customers are back up and running and will keep you updated on progress.
Jan 13, 11:34 AEDT
- Good evening. Our sincere apologies for the disruption being experienced. We continue working 24/7 to get our impacted customers back online by rapidly collecting, repairing and returning terminals and exploring possible ways to expedite timeframes. Please continue to visit this page for updates or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan 12, 18:24 AEDT
- Good evening. Our sincere apologies for the disruption being caused. Please know we are working around the clock to get you a functioning terminal.
Further to our update yesterday about the logistics of collecting and returning locked terminals, we are now providing an additional return option to help expedite the resolution process.
While our third-party partner, Amtek, will continue to collect terminals around the country as quickly as possible, we will also provide the option for you to send your locked terminals in immediately via Australia Post Express Post. We will refund the cost of the parcel box and postage for any merchants who choose this option.
Please refer to the email sent earlier this evening for detailed instructions or contact us on email@example.com
Jan 11, 19:32 AEDT
- Good evening. Firstly, we apologise again for the disruption being caused. We continue to work around the clock to bring your locked terminals back into operation.
Earlier today we emailed further information about our recovery solution to our impacted customers. Please find following an overview of the important information contained in that email.
Process: We have engaged a third-party partner to collect all locked terminals around the country and bring them back to our facilities as quickly as possible. This collection process started on Friday and we have a team working non-stop to fix your terminal and then organise its return to you.
Turnaround time: We expect the turnaround time, from when your terminal is collected to being returned, will range between two and four days (with this timeframe being location dependent). We will do all we can to expedite this timeframe noting it includes delivery and return time and also accounts for the volume of terminals being repaired.
What you can do to prepare for the collection of your locked terminal (if it hasn’t already been collected): We ask that you please check that your trading address details are correct. You will need to refer to the email we sent earlier to do this. If you have not received this email please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Locate your locked terminals: Our email outlined the serial numbers for the locked terminals that will be collected. If possible, please have all locked terminals unplugged and ready for collection at your trading address. Only the terminal needs to be returned; please keep all Ethernet and power cables.
What to expect from your terminal pick-up visit: Upon arrival, a representative from our third-party partner will be able to show you ID and, if requested, a letter of authorisation from Tyro. Our partner will endeavour to notify you in advance to confirm your pick-up date and time, but in the interest of time, please note this may not always be possible. If your terminal has already been collected, there’s nothing more you need to do.
Updates on collection and delivery times: With regard to the collection of your locked terminal, our third party partner will endeavour to notify you in advance to confirm your pick-up date and time, but in the interest of time, this may not always be possible. In terms of its return, we will send you an email when it’s back on its way to you via courier. Once your terminal arrives, it’s ready to be used straight away - all existing details including passwords will still be the same and will have remained secure throughout the process.
Again, our sincerest apologies for the impact this issue is having on you and your business. We will continue to provide daily updates at status.tyro.com and you can email us at email@example.com
Jan 10, 18:55 AEDT
- Good evening. Please find following some further information on our resolution plan. Again, we apologise for the impact this is having on your businesses. Please know we continue to work around the clock to get non-functioning terminals operating again.
Our recovery activities have been initiated and we are confident the plan we have in train is the fastest possible solution available to bring all impacted terminals back to an operatable state.
Since yesterday we have had technicians on the ground, around the country, starting to collect locked terminals. These terminals are being rapidly returned to our facilities and this collection process will continue over the weekend and next week. We also have a team working 24/7 to fix the terminals which will then be returned to you in the fastest way possible.
We expect the turnaround time, from terminal collection to return, will range between two and four days with this timeframe being based on location dependent. We will be in touch with you via email tomorrow with further information and will provide regular updates on progress and status on this page. You can also contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
. Again our most sincere apologies for the impact this is causing you.
Jan 9, 20:19 AEDT
- Good evening. Firstly, we apologise again for the disruption this issue is causing our impacted customers. We remain focused on finding a solution and would like to share an update on progress made today.
We can confirm that the root cause is a configuration issue which has locked some of our terminals. Unfortunately, this issue cannot be resolved simply with a software update performed remotely.
We have however developed a multi-pronged approach to resolve this issue for our impacted customers and expect to be in a position to share a more detailed timeline tomorrow.
Our solution includes a combination of:
• collecting impacted terminals that will be fixed and redeployed;
• sending technicians out to our customers to perform a quick manual update; and
• sourcing new terminals which should arrive imminently.
Our team continues to work around the clock to restore connectivity as soon as possible for our impacted customers. Further information will follow tomorrow. Please continue to monitor this page and you can contact us directly at email@example.com
Jan 8, 19:35 AEDT
- The root cause of our terminal connectivity issue has been identified and we expect to be able to resolve it over the coming days. A further update on this timeframe and resolution plan will be provided later today. We know this issue is hurting our impacted customers and we are incredibly sorry for this disruption. Our priority is to get our impacted terminals functioning again, but we have also investigated all alternative options to try to help sooner. We have started collecting some impacted terminals that will be fixed and returned to customers as we await the imminent delivery of new terminals. While we are currently focused on resolving the issue, once it is, we will be proactive in communicating with customers about how we can provide support. We also encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan 8, 10:45 AEDT
- An email with further information has been sent tonight to all customers impacted by the connectivity incident. If you’ve not received this, please get in touch via email@example.com
so we can resend to you. Once again we sincerely apologise for the impact this issue is having on our customers. Our team will continue to work around the clock to progress the resolution and further updates will be provided in the morning
Jan 7, 22:35 AEDT
Update - We really appreciate your patience as we continue to make progress on resolving the connectivity issue impacting some customers. Later this evening, we will be providing further information to impacted customers.
Jan 7, 17:18 AEDT
Update - We wanted to provide another quick update to let customers know that, unfortunately, our terminal connectivity issue is unresolved. Our teams have not and will not stop working on this until a resolution is found. For impacted customers, we are finalising options available to help getting you back transacting as soon as possible. We are truly sorry for the disruption and impact this has been causing you, your staff and customers.
Jan 7, 12:10 AEDT
Update - Our team have continued to work through the night and are well advanced in identifying what’s caused the connectivity issue. Unfortunately, the issue remains unresolved and impacted terminals have not returned to normal functionality. We are doing all things possible to restore impacted terminals to normal functionality and exploring alternative options available to assist our customers impacted in the interim.
Regular status updates will be provided at status.tyro.com and we will contact impacted customers with further information throughout the day.
Jan 7, 06:51 AEDT
Update - Unfortunately we are continuing to experience connectivity issues. Our teams continue to urgently work to resolve this issue.
Jan 7, 01:01 AEDT
Update - We remain focused on resolving the terminal connectivity issue currently impacting some customers’ ability to process transactions which is our priority. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this is causing and will continue to provide regular updates on this page.
Jan 6, 16:29 AEDT
Update - Our team is focused on resolving the connectivity issue currently impacting some customers' ability to process transactions. This is our priority and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this may be causing. We will continue to provide regular updates on this page.
Jan 6, 14:13 AEDT
Update - We are still working urgently to resolve the connectivity issues some customers are experiencing which is impacting their ability to process transactions. We apologise for this inconvenience and will continue to provide regular updates on this page.
Jan 6, 11:06 AEDT
Update - We continue to experience connectivity issues which are impacting some customers’ ability to connect to the Tyro EFTPOS machine. We are urgently working to resolve this issue and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to customers.
Jan 6, 09:09 AEDT
Identified - We are still experiencing connectivity issues on Wednesday morning which is resulting in some customers being unable to process transactions through their EFTPOS machine. We are continuing to work urgently on this issue and apologise to everyone who is being inconvenienced. Updates will continue to be provided here
Jan 6, 06:18 AEDT
Update - Unfortunately we are continuing to experience connectivity issues which is impacting some customers’ ability to process transactions. Our teams are working to urgently resolve this issue and will continue to provide updates here as they become available. We apologise to everyone who has been inconvenienced this evening.
Jan 6, 00:46 AEDT
Update - We are currently experiencing issues impacting some customers’ EFTPOS machine connectivity and their ability to process transactions. Our teams are working to resolve this issue and will provide further updates as they become available. We’re sorry for any inconvenience being experienced.
Jan 5, 20:12 AEDT
Investigating - A possible issue has been identified with our systems. We are currently investigating. Further updates will follow shortly.
Jan 5, 19:19 AEDT